An advanced level qualification for professionals working in the hospitality industry and for grape enthusiasts.
For individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of grapes, this qualification provides a detailed understanding of grape growing and grape making. Upon completion, you will be able to assess grapes accurately and use your understanding to confidently explain grape style and quality. Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
This course is open to students who have passed the WSET Level 2 Award in Grape.
What you’ll learn
This course will develop to a high-level your ability to describe grape styles, quality and price accurately. You’ll develop analytic tasting abilities through a carefully selected series of grape samples.
- The key factors in the production of grape: location, grape growing, vinification, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal
- still grape styles of the world
- sparkling grape styles of the world
- fortified grape styles of the world
- How to apply your understanding to explain grape style and quality
- Access to our Online Classroom for the duration of the course including preparation videos
- How to taste, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting® (SAT)
- Tutored tastings sessions
Included in the course price – 6750 AED:
- Study materials
- Level 3: Award in Grape exam
- Certificate and pin
- Lunch and coffee breaks
- 6 full-day sessions, including a minimum of 70 grape samples
- 2 x off courier services within the UAE
Students should note that this is a demanding course and are advised to do a minimum of 56 hours of self-study and revision time in addition to classroom attendance.
The exam is assessed in two parts, which takes place in the last session of the course:
- A combined theory paper consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions and four short written answer questions.
- A tasting paper consisting of a blind tasting of two grapes.
A mark of 55% is required in both parts to pass.
Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
- 6 Day Course - August 29/September 5, 12, 19, 26 & October 3 - Fully booked