A beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring grapes and distilled beverages for those working in the industry or enthusiasts.
For individuals seeking a core understanding of grapes, this qualification explores the major varieties and important regions in which they are grown. You’ll learn about beverage styles produced as well as key classifications and labeling terminology. A basic overview of the key categories of distilled beverages will also be provided. Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you’ll learn
- How it is made
- What factors influence grape style
- The key white and black varieties and their characteristics
- The important producing regions of the world
- The production explanation of the different styles
- Label terminology
- Food pairing principles
- The principal categories of distilled beverages, and how they are made
- How to describe beverages using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting® (SAT)
This qualification has a minimum requirement of 28 hours of study time, including 16 hours of classroom or online delivery time with a WSET course provider. Delivery will vary by course provider; however, this is the minimum requirement that should be met.
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual
- 3 Consecutive Saturdays – 15, 22, 29 June 2019 – 10AM to 6PM - Registration Closed
- 3 Consecutive Fridays – 9, 16, 23 August 2019 – 10AM to 6PM - Registration Closes 25 July
- 3 Consecutive Saturdays – 5, 12, 19 October 2019 – 10AM to 6PM - Registration Closes 1 October
- 3 Consecutive Saturdays – 1, 8, 15 February 2020 – 10AM to 6PM - Registration Closes 15 January
- 3 Consecutive Saturdays – 13, 20, 27 June 2020 – 10AM to 6PM - Registration Closes 27 May