A beginner level introduction to grapes suitable for those starting a hospitality career or pursuing an interest in grapes. For individuals new to grape study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of grape. You’ll explore the main types and styles of grape through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe grapes accurately and make food and grape pairings. Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
What you’ll learn
- The main types and styles of grape
- Common grape names and their characteristics
- How to store and serve grapes
- The principles of food and grape pairing
- How to describe grapes using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting® (SAT)
This qualification has a minimum requirement of six guided learning hours with a WSET course provider. Delivery will vary by course provider; however, this is the minimum requirement that should be met.
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual.
- 1 Day Course - Saturday 3 November 2018 - 10 AM to 6 PM - 2 Spots Left
- 1 Day Course - Saturday 26 January 2019 – 10 AM to 6 PM - Registration Closes 10 December
- 1 Day Course - Friday 8 March 2019 – 10 AM to 6 PM - Registration Closes 21 February
- 1 Day Course - Friday 14 June 2019 – 10 AM to 6 PM - Registration Closes 30 May