A beginner level introduction to grapes suitable for those starting a hospitality career or pursuing an interest in grapes. For individuals new to grape study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of grape. You’ll explore the main types and styles of grape through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe grapes accurately and make food and grape pairings. Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
What you’ll learn
- The main types and styles of grape
- Common grape names and their characteristics
- How to store and serve grapes
- The principles of food and grape pairing
- How to describe grapes using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting® (SAT)
This qualification has a minimum requirement of six guided learning hours with a WSET course provider. With The Tasting Class teaching starts at 10am. The exam is given from 5pm – 6pm.
Exam specifications level 1: Download Course Specification
Included in the course price:
- Coffee breaks
- 8 grape samples
- Food and grape pairing
- Level 1: Award in Grape exam
- 2 x courier services within the UAE
- Study materials
- Certificate and pin
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual.
- 1 Day Course - 12th February 2021, 10AM - 6PM. Registration closes February 2.